Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Audrey's Camping Adventure


As a family we took a camping trip with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jen, Uncle Jon and several friends. This was the last excursion out as the Miller family of three. And one that will never be forgotten!

I try to keep Audrey on her schedule as best as possible when we are travelling. I put her down for her afternoon nap in my parents camping trailer. Knowing how tired she was I thought she would go right down.

The first time I checked on her she had taken her pants off, but she was laying down trying to sleep so I didn't disturb her. So I left - big mistake! When I peeked in on her she had this confused look on her face along with fists full of brown stuff. I looked down to find her diaper off and a huge mess of POOP! She was mashing it in her hands, remnants of it in her mouth, all over her body, and of course all over the pack n' play.

I picked her up at arms length and waddled outside (9 months pregnant at this point) to meet Uncle Jon, Grandma, Aunt Jen, and Lauren. 'What do I do?' I said. Everyone looked in bewilderment.

Luckily there was a shower that I threw her in. It took three different showers to officially call her clean. Her hands did smell of poop for a day or so, no matter how many times I washed them. Thanks go Jon and Jen for cleaning the pack n' play. I think they got the worst part of the clean up. Thanks to Grandma for helping clean Audrey and the blankets!

Of course Jared is off on the 4 wheeler having a grand old time. While I was stuck back at camp to tend to Audrey's discovery of poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment