Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Izzy's Surprise Arrival



Isabella Marley Miller
Birthday: September 5, 2008
8 Ibs. 5 oz. ~ 19" long

Our newest addition, Izzy, arrived earlier than expected. We were scheduled for a csection on September 12th and my official due date was September 20th.

Jared left for Colorado on September 4th, thinking we had an entire week to finish our preparations. Izzy was eager to meet us. I went into labor the night of September 4th. I called Jared and I'm sure he thought I was over exaggerating, I tend to do that at times! It turned out that it was truly labor. My mom drove me to the hospital and they admitted me that night. Knowing my husband was out of town they tried to slow the contractions down, but with no avail. The docs took Izzy by csection Friday morning. She arrived at 8:27 am.

My sister, Jen, was in the room while she was delivered. I am so lucky to have such a supportive sister. She was wonderful. She had Jared on the cell phone so he could be apart of his daughters birth as much as possible. She made sure I was okay, but also gave me updates on Izzy. I was really nervous because I could hear Izzy struggling to breath. She went over to Izzy to get an update and came back with this huge expression in her eyes and says 'she has so much dark hair!'. She explained to me that she had a lot of fluid in her lungs, but she will be fine.

Jared made it back to St. George Saturday night and was so tired, but excited to meet his newest daughter. I was so relieved to see him because I never imagined having to do all this without him.

Audrey met her sister for the first time, but wasn't quite sure what to think. In fact I don't think she cared much at all. Being that she is only 14 months old, it is difficult for her to understand. She did give her little sister an open mouthed kiss!

Now our family is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment